Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Last weekend

So I went to my first jazz gig in KL.

Having had my expectations raised by the fact that the acclaimed jazz chanteuse Anne Weerapass from Singapore would be accompanied by two of Malaysia's most iconic in the scene - Michael Veerapen and Lewis Pragasam, plus the fact that Alexis is reputed to be the jazz venue in the Klang Valley, I guess it was inevitable that I would be let down. The food was disappointing, the sound system left much to be desired, Anne Weerapass' pants were too tight, the music was too loud, too electronic and came off sounding like hotel-lounge-music-only-with-better-vocals. Basically I think I've been spoiled by Ronnie Scott's lah. Lol. Oh and only one bossanova tune was performed that night. )=

Saturday we drove to Bentong - Eng, Em, Chuan, Jin and myself. Pa gave a crash course on 'how to eat your local fruits like a kampung boy/girl'.. we visited Chamang waterfall (it has proven to be an indispensable part of the itinerary whenever friends come to Bentong, haha).. we watched the World Badminton Championships at home.. and other than that we just ate. And ate. And ate.

Yesterday morning I left home at 6am for KL and came straight to work after dropping off my things at my aunt's. It's Tuesday today but I'm still feeling the Monday blues.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jin said...

ay how's the tol kematian di chamang waterfall like this times round...eh?

1:52 AM  
Blogger may said...

haha the stupid signboard hasn't been updated since 2005 when that 'mystery death (?)' happened

other things havent changed much either.. marble floor's still as cooling and inviting as ever.. haha

11:17 AM  
Blogger Jin said...

oh...so..who's the chairman this times around as well

10:14 PM  
Blogger may said...

haha this times around.. no chairman la.. cos you werent there, how to have chairman?

small jin did sit on the rocking chair facing the family photos though.. hahaha

9:09 AM  
Blogger Sookie said...

ah it appears i seem to have missed this famed waterfall! :)

3:31 AM  
Blogger may said...

heehee sorry dear.. my dad deems the waterfall unsafe for two sweet young things like ourselves

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

milf big naturals cumfiesta mike's apartment